We’re happy to announce the next Sands of Time implementation that Blizzard never published: City Protectors.
If the PvP stage is active enough each week, 8 players will be granted the title of “City Protector”, and assigned each of them to their major city. City Protectors will receive in-game mail with City Protector’s Scrolls, allowing them to teleport to their homeland, with a cooldown of 60 minutes.
Starting next Wednesday (April 17th), after server maintenance and honor update, the first person in PvP Standing for each race, will be granted the following titles, in addition to their normal PvP ranks:
- For humans, Protector of Stormwind
- For orcs, Overlord of Orgrimmar
- For dwarves, Thane of Ironforge
- For night elves, High Sentinel of Darnassus
- For undead, Deathlord of the Undercity
- For taurens, Chieftain of Thunderbluff
- For gnomes, Avenger of Gnomeregan
- For trolls, Voodoo Boss of Sen’jin
This scroll and title will last for one week and allow the City Protector to use a spell to teleport themself to their race’s major city, just like a second hearthstone.
“Defend the weak, protect both young and old, never desert your friends. Give justice to all, be fearless in battle and always ready to defend the right.”
In addition, starting with tonight’s server restart, BG requirements have been lowered to 1vs1 for WSG, 2vs2 for AB and 5vs5 for AV.