So far we’re one day into the launch of Sunwell’s new Burning Crusade server Nightbane which has been plagued with issues.
As you may or may not know, the state of stock cores for 2.4.3 is not in great shape which is why Warmane backported their WotLK core for their TBC server. Sunwell opted to start their project using the Hellground core and develop it from there, however it seems like more testing should have been done as they are encountering a lot of the same issues with capacity that Hellground had on the final launch.
Please note that almost all private servers encounter launch day issues, even Blizzard has them. These issues may be resolved soon or not at all, it’s too early to tell. From what we can see the Sunwell team is working to correct these issues as soon as they can.
- Server is unable to handle more than 2000 concurrent players
- Players are getting stuck at connecting
- Players are getting kicked from the server after 20 to 30 minutes
- Players buffs are stacking
- Reported issues with pathing
- Instead of using dynamic spawns they seem to have increase the spawn rate in general