Recount is a graphical damage meter written by Cryect. It gives you the ability to view many statistics about your character, party, raid, pet, etc. You can look at groups such as overall healing, healing per second, damage, and DPS in a detailed tables and charts.
- Q: I don’t see Recount after installing, what to do?
A: /recount show, then /recount resetpos. If this doesn’t help delete all (there are more than one) Recount.lua files in your WTF directory.
- Q: I don’t see details when I click the recount bar, how to fix?
A: /recount resetpos
- Q: I don’t see my pets, totems, gargoyles, guardians, Why?
A: Check the config window (cogwheel icon, or /recount config) and uncheck “merge pets w/ owners” to see details about pets, totems or any entity that is treated as pet or guardian.
- Q: Can you add effective heals to Recount?
A: Everything that Recount displays as healing is what other addons call “effective healing”. I.e. numbers that you see displayed as healing never contain the overhealing component.
- Q: I have a question about DPS…
A: DPS is a poor measure, don’t expect extensive discussion on the topics. You will find it already at numerous places. I only fix bugs regarding recording data, but don’t plan to ever touch the DPS formula otherwise.
- Q: I have asked a question before and got no answer. I demand an answer!
A: I cannot answer everything, I answer per time, capacity and ease to answer. I take everything I read into consideration but don’t expect that everything can get an answer.