The world of Azeroth, the ever-changing blue beauty… harbors many mysteries. Prepare to unravel more secrets hidden behind the drapes of Mysteries of Azeroth in the next Patch 1.16.4 coming this autumn.
Dust off your bows, staves, axes, and swords and return to adventures once again, be the hero that the inhabitants of Azeroth need!
The soundtrack is also available on our Soundcloud — TU:RUL — Anchor’s Fall.
Unexpected Visitors in Durotar
- Anchor’s Edge: Kul Tirans of the expeditionary fleet led by Lieutenant Alverold have finally returned, the promised reinforcements of Tiragarde. Settling on a new island that has been called Anchor’s Edge, just south of the Echo Isles. Already, scouts and commandos have pushed into the southern Echo Isles and may become a threat to the Horde if not dealt with in time!
- A Kul Tiran Embassy now rests in the Stormwind Harbor, the Kingdom of Kul Tiras and Stormwind have opened diplomatic ties once again, but the stubborn nature of Kul Tirans and their hatred of the Horde may prove to be trouble for Stormwind with more torches on the pyre of War.
An Effort to Cleanse Felwood
- Bloodvenom Post has been redesigned to more properly fit a troll expedition.
- Talonbranch Glade: The Ancient Treant Ethwyr sacrificed himself to cleanse this part of Felwood. Now, druids loyal to Fandral study the area, trying to replicate his feat. But not all is what it seems.
- Shrine of the Betrayer: An ancient statue devoted to Illidan, built by the exiled highborne a millennia ago. It is currently occupied by blood elves and a wayward demon hunter.
Shift in The Tides of Stonetalon
- Powder Town: Once aligned with the Venture Company, Nazz Firecracker sees an opportunity with the Durotar Labor Union (Mostly from being underpaid) and aligns his town with the Horde for new ventures. Find out if Powder Town’s loyalties are true, and discover why this settlement is called ‘Powder Town’ in the first place.
- Bramblethorn Pass: Located in eastern Stonetalon Mountains, in the hills above Windshear Lumbermill to the southeast, the Bramblethorn Quillboar have discovered a great evil, now retreating to the southern passageway to avoid the ghosts of their once kin on the upper cliffs.
- Bael Hardul: Once established during the Third War during the battles of Stonetalon Peak, this dwarvish settlement has been reoccupied by the Explorers’ League, looking to use it as a base of operations to see if dwarven ancestry can be linked to Kalimdor, and to discover more secrets of Azeroth, and the mysteries of the Stonetalon Mountains themselves.
- The Venture Co. has entrenched itself deeper in Stonetalon Mountains and established the Blacksand Oil Fields, extracting any liquid gold they can with total disregard to the environment, this cannot be allowed to continue!
Trouble in the Badlands
- New Dark Iron dig site looming above Angor Fortress with Dark Irons searching for artifacts.
- Crystalline Oasis: The only water to be found in the Badlands, it is here that a magical crystal can be found, and with it, the Blue Dragonflight surveying its properties.
- Redbrand’s Digsite: The Redbrand Estate (A newly introduced noble household in Ironforge) established this dig site in southern badlands to look into the ancient heritage of dwarves (And to earn some money), it has been overrun by troggs, with much of the family killed.
- Scalebane Ridge: Dark Iron whelp hunters and dragonskinners, these greedy dwarves have located here to boldly seek profit for Shadowforge.
- Ruins of Corthan: The ancient capital of an old civilization named after its once warrior king. This place is inhabited by Earthen, who have recently begun to uncover these ruins and catalogue them for an unknown purpose.
Devouts of Ashenvale
- Forest Song: This elven shrine has been reinforced by Fandral’s forces. Sentinels and druids try to stop the Warsong Clan advance deeper into Ashenvale. However, internal quarrels may prove even more difficult to resolve.
Expansion in Feralas
- Thalanaar: Once a small elven outpost on the border of Thousand Needles has increased in size significantly. A group of Sentinels at odds with Shandris Feathermoon now occupy this base, expanding their influence in both Feralas and Thousand Needles.
Exiles in Dustwallow Marsh
- Deserter’s Hideout: Theramore exiles/deserters/refugees who are loyal to the Kul Tiran cause.
- Blackhorn Village: Grimtotem Tauren causing trouble in the region.
- Westhaven Hollow: Once a Kul Tiran settlement south of Theramore, this place was destroyed by the horde in the Third War, and is now occupied by an orcish necromancer with foul intent.
- Hermit of the Eastern Coast: South of Theramore along the ocean lays a lonely house situated in the mountains.
- With the Dustwallow Marsh update comes the continuation and the finale of the Shady Rest Inn storyline. You might end up with more questions unanswered…
Community Art Museum
Your creative efforts haven’t gone unnoticed by the goblins of Gadgetzan, and they have gone through the effort of building a proper art museum in Steamwheedle Port! Being rich in gold brings taste in art they say, most of the time anyway.
You can now find a dedicated art museum of your favorite Art Contest winners in Tanaris, located in Steamwheedle Port to the east of Gadgetzan.
- A baby murloc in the shores of The Hinterlands? Maybe you can figure out what it wants.
- A lady in Hawk’s Vigil needs your assistance on something that looks like a normal cheating affair, though things might take a sinister turn.
- The Desolace centaur rivalries escalate, and the tribes are looking for even more aid from those that can prove their loyalty. A true test of skill or power, and you might end up as an honorary member of the clans.
The full changelog will be published in this thread on a date closer to the actual release.