Greetings! We’re happy to introduce the first episode of our upcoming expansion for Turtle WoW. This expansion will take a different path from Burning Crusade, emphasizing the familiar Azeroth of Vanilla WoW over the cosmic battle with the Legion. It’s heavily based on the background lore from Warcraft 3 and Vanilla WoW, and it seeks to follow some of the story threads from those games without breaking established lore.
Episode 1 will have the following features:
• Two new races: Goblins and High Elves & their starting locations
• Two new zones: Amani’Alor and Alah’Thalas
• Arena 1vs1 (non-rated on release)
• Gambling introduced by fellow Goblins
• New level 60 dungeon: Stormwind Vault
• Over 400 new items for all level brackets
• Two new classes for existing races: Gnome Hunters and Orc Mages
• New mounts, companions & Hunter pets
• General world overhaul with Blizzlike elements
• Cosmetic client enhancements
There will be new episodes with additional content and main story plot released at later dates.
Existing content remains relevant. We don’t want to devalue the existing content of Vanilla WoW. Instead, new content from this expansion will run in parallel to existing Vanilla WoW content starting at level 10 and running up to level 60, which will remain the max level.
Further information about the expansion can be found here: https://turtle-wow.org/expansion
Episode 1 will be released on January 5th, 2021.
We would like to thank all team members and contributors for their support.