Quality of Life Tips

Chat about all of your favorite classes here.
Cmdr Keen

Quality of Life Tips

Post by Cmdr Keen » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:30 pm

Hey guys I spent years playing a tank warrior so I wanted to leave a few tips for new players to practice to make dungeons easier both for tanks and people who run with them.

1. When tanking position yourself so that your mobs butt faces the direction of which you came from. In vanilla the majority of all adds flee at low health and they always run away from the person of aggro or highest threat. If you charge directly into them and dont turn them you have the potential of making the mob run away into new mobs which can lead to a wipe. By facing away the mob runs generally into the safety of your team or the area you just cleared.

2. When leveling all tanks or high threat dps should use the Green Whelp Armor form lvls 30-50 its a leather armor with 11 stamina all in all not that special but it has a 5% chance to sleep any target under lvl 50 for 10 seconds upon striking the wearer this is actually a massive help in reducing damage overall and its generally super easy to use and allows you to save gold instead of upgrading a chest a bunch.

3. Level up unarmed as often as you can so many mobs will disarm you and it can really screw with your threat if you cant hit for 3-6 seconds. You will be surprised and frustrated so often because of this but if you lvl unarmed its actually gonna be alot less of an issue cause you can still generate rage or threat if you can hit. Also near the trainer in darnassus who teaches unarmed theres a vendor who sells fist weapons the lvl 10 ones cost 20s and have a 1.40 speed these are the best way to lvl unarmed because it actually increases the attack speed compared to no weapon at all meaning faster lvling the skill.

Feel free to add more and I hope to keep posting more info on this as I remember more.

saltygunner

Re: Quality of Life Tips

Post by saltygunner » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:18 pm

Those are great tips, especially the last one. I had never considered that. Thanks!

escole02

Re: Quality of Life Tips

Post by escole02 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:13 pm

Unarmed was always a forgotten skill until you got disarmed and was like wtf why cant i hit this thing. Good guide thanks for share.